Dear FHAM supporters,
Serious floods have hit various areas of Mozambique, especially in Chiaquelane, where the mission site is. There is more information below from those directly involved, and you can read this on the BBC News Website. We ask you to pray, and if you would like to give money to support the situation, you can do so by
. Thank you.
Below is the email received this morning from our centre in Mozambique South for our prayers for them and for what seem to be a desperate situation. God bless your prayers support.
"To all our! SOrrY for the English but I need to get this out urgently! Please bear with us!
We are in a very serious situation! On Tuesday evening at about 1h30 during the night the people from surrounding towns fled the raging waters of the Limpopo including Chokwe.
We heard that just here in the south 55000 people have taken what they could carry and fled.
The concern is that we now have many many people on the base. Some strangers and some pastors from the surrounding churches. There are people EvErYwhere! In the church, in the dining room on the property eVeRywhere. And of course children are crying continuously sadly hungry! Behind Fabricios house people
are camping. At the pastors house at the back and on the veranda people are camping!
The streets on the pavement are also littered with people and fires are everywhere!! It is very intimidating! Only JESUS! Driving here was quite scary because we did not know how it looked at home!
This could be the only email we can send due to the situation that is very serious, so my HUGE prayer request is that you please pray for us for the following:
- Our safety - we have a YWAM team here with us. Fabricio, Gloria and Rachel too.
- Our health - the water and people using the bush for toilets and many nameless cows walking a doing everything everywhere.
- My heart breaks for the kids for food and water.
- Our brand new generator of 2 months broke and no gaurantee! Johan will have to go to Macia and buy a new one that costs R4200.00
- Pray that the river will reside and that the rain will stop. When the people left their homes the water was almost roof height! This is very very serious here in Chiaquelane.
Please pray with us for this sad situation and the rumour is more rain is on its way.
Apparently at the market the people need to register and tents, food and mosquito will be handed out today!